Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Molly's braids?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Annie Rebecca's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hey all you Molly owners, my Molly has hair
    sort of sticking out of her braids. My friend has tried to fix this but can't. Do all Molly's do this?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Homemommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2005
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that might be something that all of the braided dolls do my Kaya has little hairs sticking out of her braids too

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Annie Rebecca's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Should I ask my friend to try again or leave them? How are your Molly's braids?

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 17, 2005 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Molly McIntire ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I take most of the dolls hair out of the braids because over time it breaks the hair. Of all my old pm dolls, Molly's is the thinnest. I know Kirsten comes in braids but for some reason hers does not break like Molly's hair.

    If you want to keep Molly's hair intact in the braids, I would remove the rubber band and un braid as far as the ends are sticking out. Then try and rebraid them back making sure the parts sticking out are back in the braid. I think doing this with the doll in a doll stand is easiest. You want to braid with a downward pull. Not a sideways pull. Not sure if that makes sense.

    I don't know how old your doll is, but the old rubber bands will rot. So if you want you can replace with the new plastic bands that do not break the hair when removed.

    Hope that helps.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SanFen's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2005
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You can unbraid and rebraid after misting the hair with water. Also, I read somewhere that you shouldn't use regular rubber bands on their hair (your's neither! [img]wink.gif[/img] ) and silicon bands are better - they don't grip and pull the hair. If your kids wear braces, then you're in luck - ask your orthodontist for an extra bag!

    Sandy

  6. #6
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine has a couple of little stray guys towards the end, but my Josefina has more than a few.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Homemommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2005
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have a look at my album below and you'll see Molly with her hair in and out of braids
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your album now has me tempted to take molly's braids out [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I LOVE your siggy picture! Is the suite case AG? If not where did you get it? I sent you a PM but since I was posting anyways I thought I'd ask here as well [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mapleleaf I love your album!!! Where do I begin!!! I love Molly's hair down, I love her sweaters and I absolutely love that one of your dolls is named Amy!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Annie Rebecca's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Molly I've had for 12 years, but I got her head replaced a year ago.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member greenehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2005
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mapleleaf ~ your album has really made me want Molly, and I didn't before. She's just so pretty in all of your pictures!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •